Writers, researchers, environmentalists, media people, artists, lawyers, (to join committees and interpret documents for everyone) landscape architects, architects, engineers, people handing out flyers and petitioning and those willing to do foot work. If you know someone who might be interested in working with us, in these ways, please invite them to the next meeting, or keep them abreast of what is needed and when it is needed.
Please add your name to the committee where you gifts, experiences and talents lie:
- Fund Raising Committee – seeking grants, fundraiser events, donations on the street, donations from businesses…..
- Media Committee – Keeping the issue in the public eye at all times, connect with TV stations, newspapers, social media, contact the rich and famous, updating Facebook, our website, incorporating the arts into the movement, etc …..What else? Charlie, Eloise, Barbara Janet
- Education Committee – An meeting for the communities to educate them about the seriousness of the issues, financial, educational. Format a panel of experts on various issues and a Q&A…What else? Gabriella, Eloise
- Research Committee -How to demand a new Draft Environmental Impact Statement, post Sandy. The one submitted is very flawed. See the NY/NJ Baywatch group statement to City Planners. Who is the owner of this property, does the developer need to go through ULURP and if yes, how far along are they, what permits do they have at the Department of Buildings, other resistance movements, those that succeeded and those that did not and the reasons why, FOIA requests, find out the developers timeline, is Article 78 useful/applicable to us? Can we pursue Eminent Domain?…….. Janet
- Environmental Committee – articles, letters to the editor, educational forums concerning Climate Change where we are now and what to expect in the future, the extinction of species because of the loss of habitat. Gabriella, Eloise
- Outreach Committee – to groups and organizations inside and outside NYC. Make connections, network, how can they help us, how can we help them, outreach to non-English speaking groups, to the people living in the trailer park, to local businesses, to churches, social groups, unions, to celebrities….. Janet
- Financial analysis committee – what will this cost people and how do we make it expensive for the developer. Cost of losing small businesses, cost to Condo Associations…..What else
- Political Committee – attend the debates and other public forums, prepare pertinent questions, letter writing to politicians, arrange meetings, keep abreast of Community Board meetings, City Planning meetings etc…
- Leg work committee – Handing out fliers, collecting donations on the street, petitioning, tabling at events, finding space for meetings….. What else? Diana Ramos (Flyers and copies free), Pearl
- Legal Committee- what laws can we invoke to stop this and/or delay the progress of the developer, research court cases, lawsuit from residents claiming a financial burden.